Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Election Day
Today is one of the most important days of 2008, it is the first Tuesday in November and today we elect a new president. I did not vote and will not do so anytime today because I think voting is a waste of time. Plenty of people go out and vote, why should I? Oh that's right, because "my vote counts." But so does everyone else's so why can't I just let them vote. At least one other person in the country is going to vote the same way I would have, so let their vote represent mine too. "I can pick who I want to lead our country," well not really, because what if my guy doesn't win? Then I have to wait another 4 years to try again. "Don't you care about who runs the government?" No not really. What am I going to do, move to Canada if I don't like our president? People need to learn how to live in the "now" time period and stop worrying so much about the future. There are enough people that do that already. The next president will not affect my life unless he makes up some random laws that throw everyone in jail and take away all of our money or something dumb like that. Otherwise I don't really care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment