Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dome Dreams

Last night was the first round of the high school football playoffs and the Lyman Raiders rolled over the Newell Irrigators 42-12. Lyman is still undefeated this season (9-0) and looking to head to the dome for only the second time in the schools history. I am a 2007 graduate of Lyman so I was a senior when this talented class of Juniors were merely Freshman. I thought they had talent at the time and they proved that to me last year and this year alike. The amazing thing about this class is that they still have one more year to win a championship if they don't do it this year. Their chances of winning this year a pretty good because of Dawson Jandreau, who rushed for 291 yards last night. He has over a 1,000 yards rushing on the season and looks to be All-State material. Our defense crushes oppenents and our offense is potent. Our next game is against Gregory, a team that we beat 53-0 earlier in the season. A victory won't come as easy this time around but I still expect us to win.

No comments: